It’s loud, it’s a crowd, but it’s sure to be a fun evening if you have kids interested in CARS.
The Cocopah Speedway has it all, including Factory Stock, Street Stock, Pro Stock & IMCA Modifieds.
Ok, I don’t know what any of that actually means. But I bet it’s cool.
The Main Gates open at 5:00 PM and the races start at 7:00 PM. Races are on Saturday nights!
Click here to see the schedule…races end in June and don’t start up again until September.
Here is some stuff to know if you go!
- Prices vary depending on the event you attend, but seem pretty reasonable. There is a military discount, and kids 12 and under are free. Click here to see prices or to buy tickets.
- No outside food or drink is allowed (although I bet you could get away with a sippy cup and some goldfish)
- No coolers or pets allowed.
- There are plenty of concession stands with all your basic speedway fare…like beer, soda, kettle corn, shaved ice, dippin’ dots, taco truck, etc.
- The seating is worn down wood plank benches so bring a blanket to sit on if you want some comfort.
- No surprise…it’s LOUD. It’s a good idea to bring ear protection for the kids (and maybe yourself). Plenty of people will have the same idea and you won’t look silly, promise.
- This might be a tough event for kids under two, but older kids will love all the speed and action, especially if they are fans of the “Cars” movies! For those kids with shorter attention spans, there is a grassy area near the entrance to run around. There are also a few bouncy houses set up (although I bet it gets pretty hot in there)!
- Cocopah Speedway is located in Somerton. Click here for directions.