Saddle up for a ride through Arizona’s history during the Yuma County Library District’s 2012 Summer Reading Program “Our State, Our Story: Celebrating 100 Years of Arizona!” Readers of all ages can participate in programs designed to foster and support a love of reading.
Super Sign-up Day is Saturday, June 9th. Stop by any library to pick up your reading trail map and an Arizona State Adventure Pass, full of coupons and discounts for attractions all over Arizona!
Summer Reading programs and activities will be held Monday, June 11th, through Saturday, July 21st. You’ll sample savory Southwestern recipes, explore the legends of haunted Arizona, and round up some desert critters for a look-see! All programs are free of charge.
Keep an eye on the Library Calendar (and YumaMom, of course!) for programs and events. Storytimes will also resume in June. Yee haw!
(Here is a sampling of some of the Summer Reading programs)
- Imperial Wildlife program (meet some desert animals)
- Chuck Cheeseman, “Dancing with no shoes on” (children’s educator)
- Swingin’ in the Stacks (mini golf)
- Old West re-enactors
- Magic Show (my kids loved this last year!)
- Rick Fout – balloon cowboy!
- James Reid – Juggler
- Campfires & ghost stories